Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Chocolate Scotcheroos

Do you know whats worse than a nagging sister?

Well if you said no sister at all your wrong.

I'm pretty sure having no sister at all is better than having a nagging one.. Okay just kidding I guess I would rather have a nagging sister than no sister at all.

But seriously if you had heard my sister last night you would understand where I'm coming from. But you gotta love her.


So you're probably wondering what she was nagging me about.

Actually you're probably not...

BUT I'M GONNA TELL YOU ANYWAY!!!

Last night my sister kept nagging me to make this dessert. We had been out of ice cream for a while and we all wanted something sweet. But the thing is I realllyyyy didn't want to have to clean up the huge mess I was gonna make. But she just kept asking me and asking me and whining. So finally I gave in...


By the way I also got in trouble for not cleaning up when I was done...

oops!!

Once they were done we all had like 3. They were that good. Seriously, and today I have had 5 and my sister has had 4.

Yes we are quite the fatties...


So umm when these are gone

Which will be in like 2 more scotcheroos

I am going to the store right away to get the ingredients and making more. I don't even care if it is pouring rain, thundering and lightening and I have to walk to the store. I WILL MAKE MORE!!!


So I think there is a good side to these and a bad side to these.

The good side to these are that they are probably my favorite dessert!!

And the bad side is that my sister will be nagging me a lot more now... YAY!!


You know there's also one more reason to love these.

They are the easiest thing to ever make. They are the simplest most delicious recipe.

So... why not make them?


I hope you enjoy and Happy Eating :)


Chocolate Scotcheroos 
Ingredients:
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar 
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal OR
6 cup Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal
1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup butterscotch chips

1. Place corn syrup and sugar into 3 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES Cereal. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in bowl in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Place in freezer until firm. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment