Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Coconut Swirl Brownies

Heyy people,

So the other night my cousin (Brooke at whatbakesmehappy.com) and I decided we wanted to pull off an all-nighter.

Nope. That didn't turn out the way we hoped. Asleep at 1:00 A.M. Um... yes.
Anyways, it was about 11 P.M. and we felt like we wanted to bake! As I was going through a cookbook these delicious Coconut Swirl Brownies caught my eye! My cousin on the other hand baked some yummy cherry cake pops....

I only ate about 3 of her cake pops.

HA! Just kidding I ate all of them....

So once these amazing brownies were finished, I ate them!

Even though I wasn't supposed too...shhhh!!

They were mouth-watering and extraordinary!!

I was going to bake something new next but my family loved them so much I have to make them again. Gosh, I am such a kind person to make them again for them. So much work.

Here you go! Enjoy and happy eating! 



Coconut Swirl Brownies
Brownie Ingredients:
6 oz semisweet baking chocolate
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour

Coconut Swirl Filling ingredients:
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1 egg
3/4 cup flaked coconut

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 9-inch square pan with foil, leaving 1 inch of foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan; Spray foil with cooking spray.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups sugar, the vanilla and salt. Add 4 eggs , one at a time, stirring with whisk until blended. Spread batter in pan.
3. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Beat in coconut extract and 1 egg until blended. Stir in coconut. Drop mixtures by table spoonfuls into batter, placing each spoonful in different places; Swirl coconut mixture through brownie with knife for marbled design.
4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 2 hours. Use foil to lift out of pan. Cut 5 rows by 4 rows. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment