Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Baked Potato Skins

Hey followers,

So the other day I was watching Paula Dean on The Food Network. Personally I don't usually watch The Food Network. But in the past two weeks my cousin has been watching it non-stop... so basically I was forced to watch it.


She was baking Potato skins. I have had them once from the grocery store already made just to be heated up. They were amazing. So I figured that if I made my own they would be even better.

And they were.


Thank God they were because I burnt my fingers twice in the process... It happens!

Especially when your as clumsy as me...

Well anyway here is the recipe! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!

Happy Eating!!


Baked Potato Skins
Ingredients:
Potatoes, baked
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon grated cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Shredded cheddar cheese 
Sour cream

1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch shell. Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet.
2. Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; Brush over both sides of skins. Bake for 7 minutes; turn. Bake until crisp, about 7 more minutes. 
3. Sprinkle bacon and cheese inside the skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment